My sweet darling Phoebe turned one last month – hooray! Phoebe is the baby of our family and brings so much laughter and joy to our lives. She is always smiling, laughing, dancing and giving kisses. We celebrated her first birthday with a Sesame Street themed party in our neighborhood park.
We tried to make this party special, personalized but also easy on us. We were a week away from going on vacation and in the middle of lots of changes. Easy peasy and fun was the goal.
- We kept the cooking to a minimum and ordered most of the food – El Pollo Loco, R&B Filipino Food, NY Giant Pizza
- We ordered cupcakes from the neighborhood grocery store and placed Sesame Street rings on top
- We made a special ‘Phoebe 1’ sign to go with the theme and made a great photo prop
- We hosted the party earlier than usual (and had breakfast items to go with the earlier time)
- We chose a park just up the street from our house
- We had Sesame Street inspired games like “How many cookies are in the jar?” and “Cookie toss”
Happy birthday to my babydoll, Phoebe! Your loving and playful spirit brings a smile to my face every single day.
Keep laughing, learning, and dancing! Mommy loves you so much and I can’t wait to watch you grow and change.