1. Magazines – I am a bit of a magazine hoarder. I love love love the inspiration, ideas, articles, and recipes that live in a colorful publication. This is probably why I’m not a stockbroker who reads the newspaper and why I’m a graphic designer who reads magazines. I need color, illustrations, interesting type faces, photographs…you get it.
2. TV – Once I’m wrapped into a series or a movie, I’m glued. I used to not have the time for TV but recently have been drawn to different stories, fiction or reality based.
3. Alone Time – As much as I love my children and my dear sweet Hubby, I do enjoy the time I have to myself. This can be a few minutes in the morning with a cup of coffee, my time running errands, or just being alone in our bedroom while the family is off doing their own thing in another part of the house. It gives me an opportunity to center myself and it gives my mind a break from running through the laundry list of things I need to get done.
4. Eating Out – I love going out to eat with my friends and especially with my Hubby. Going to a restaurant that serves delicious food is an adventure.
5. Rest – I should know better – rest shouldn’t be a guilty pleasure. It’s necessary. But if you’re like me, having a day to just veg out and be ok with not being productive is like giving my body, mind and soul a vacation. These restful moments don’t come around too often because as you know, I can’t sit still. But when I am able to, it is truly considered one of my guilty pleasures.