We did it! We survived another wonderful holiday season. I think it’s funny how I always feel like I need a vacation AFTER my vacation to regroup and relax. The holidays can get SO busy at our house, but at the end of it all, it is always well worth it, especially with all of the amazing memories we take away year after year.
This year, we stayed true to our two Christmas traditions — drive through Christmas Card Lane with holiday music blasting from our SUV and do our annual Secret Santa gift exchange. No matter where the kids will be that year, we always make sure that these traditions are left untouched and find a way and a time to do these traditions. I’m sure we will continue these traditions until our kids have their own kids. Here are some of the highlights of our Christmas 2010:
- 18 year old says “Are we going to Christmas Card Lane?” I reply “Yes.” He replies with enthusiasm “COOL!!!!” Never thought he’d the be the most excited about this tradition – LOL. But it made me happy because well, he is 18 now and it’s nice to see him still get excited about our family outings. :)
- I was our tween’s Secret Santa and boy do I love her. I played a little joke on her, and even after she opened the “joke gift”, she was still very grateful. Imagine how her face lit up when I handed her the “real thing” — grey ankle boots (which she had wanted) and an outfit…and she loved her Paul Frank tote (which I btw loved so much I almost kept for myself – LOL). She was beaming!
- My Secret Santa was our 18 year old – his gift to me was so thoughtful and things that I needed! New potholders, fuzzy comfy house socks, foamy antibacterial hand soap (which I love) and he gave everyone in our family a little gift. How’s that for a working boy? :)
- The teen was so sweet in giving me hand lotions in nice tropical island scents – how did she know I need the travel size version? Loved it! So thoughtful of her.
- Hosted a nice relaxing brunch for Hubby’s side of the family on Christmas Eve.
- Had a nice Christmas Day at my parents’ house.
- Took our little one to Disneyland the day after Christmas – she got to hug Minnie Mouse and Cinderella, indulge in amusement park food all by herself, and play in the park until her heart was content and she was ready for a very late afternoon/early evening nap!
I am so excited for 2011 – getting ready to post my goals soon. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!