Living so close to both of our families is both a blessing and a challenge. First, we will visit my in-laws for lunch. Then we will head to my folks’ for an early dinner around 4pm. Most of my cooking will be for the feast at the in-laws’ and since it’s at noon, we have to get started on our cooking super early. Here’s what we’re bringing:
- Turkey – it will be our first attempt – wish us luck! I’m kind of excited for it.
- Cornbread Dressing – another first.
- Mac & Cheese Bake – Hubby makes a really good and fancy M&C!
- Double-Stuffed Potatoes OR Mashed Potatoes – that’s moi! Everyone seems to love these.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – the girls will make this with my supervision :)
- Flan Cake – one of my special desserts – this one is going to my folks’ house.
- And I’m contemplating on a Green Bean Bake for the in-laws’. We’ll see…
Now that we’ve completed some of our bigger home projects (thank you Hubby) AND two big holiday projects (our photo books for our parents), I can actually relax and enjoy all the cooking (and eating) this Thanksgiving!
I feel so blessed…