This weekend was perfect! Beautiful weather, quality time with the kids, as well as with the Hubby, and lots of relaxing. Here are some highlights:
- Each kid got to do something on their own this weekend – Aub went ice skating with her friends and Bub went to the PowderPuff game/grabbed burgers with his gf; Aly rented The Squeakquel OnDemand on Friday night; and Ella got to hang out at the park with her cousin and godparents on Saturday. Happy Campers!
- We cooked all weekend! Soft tacos on Friday night, Grilled Steaks & Veggies for lunch (and can you believe that I grilled all by myself??) and Beef & Veggie Chow Mein on Saturday night, I cooked a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs on Sunday (I always try to cook a big hearty breakfast on Sundays) and Chicken Adobo Sunday night.
- I was able to spend some quality time with Ella on Saturday morning – after dropping off Bub at his SAT Prep class, Ella and I headed over to IHOP to eat pancakes, just the two of us. It was nice!
- 6 loads of laundry – ALL DONE!
- Ran lots of errands and had a coffee date with the Hubby on Saturday AND Sunday!
- Planted an herb garden with the kids each painting a pot – this was a lot of FUN! Can’t wait to harvest the herbs.
- Spent time in the lounge – I don’t get to spend nearly enough time in here as I’d like, but it was so nice and relaxing for me to sit on the couch and watch FoodTV. :)
- Got to visit the dealership with the Hubby to check out our next new vehicle…hopefully.
- Made a “Mommy & Aubreigh Day” invite for my one-on-one with Aubreigh. She is so excited and just RSVP’d with me via text (as the invite instructed :) ) this morning. I’m excited too.
- Enjoyed a few hours to myself on Saturday while Ella napped – that’s when I folded laundry, caught up on my Tori & Dean episodes OnDemand and got to paint my toenails – in my world, these few hours are like gold!
- Went out with the Hubby and Bub to teach him how to drive stick in the Civic – his future car. Hubby made me drive to the practice place, and I was impressed that I still remembered how to drive stick. But it was fun and I think Bub learned an important lesson yesterday – “ease up on the clutch”! :)
Like I’ve mentioned in past posts, we are usually so incredibly busy every weekend, but this weekend was ideal – we had a good balance of individual, one-on-one and family time. I can honestly say that I feel well-rested and ready for the week. Have a great week, everyone!