Tomorrow I am officially 33 years old, or what I’ve newly coined twenty-thirteen. We can all still be in our twenties. Who says otherwise, right? And since I’m the Queen of Lists, I deemed it appropriate that I create a to-do list that will inspire and excite my twenty-thirteenth year of being alive. If there is one thing a list can do, it can certainly make you feel accomplished and fulfilled, assuming you are working hard at everything on it. I dug deep…and thoughtfully I compiled this list. It will serve as my motivation, guide, and reminder of how rich life really is and how blessed I am. As the year goes on, I hope to cross items off the list and post pictures of what I achieved. In the meantime, I will enjoy my last day as a twenty-twelve year old woman. Happy Birthday to me. :)
- Read at least 3 good books – with my limited time and short attention span for reading, this would be a big accomplishment for me!
- Watch at least 10 movies from our massive DVD collection.
- Complete my craft / work / office area complete with an inspiration board and pictures of my family. (6/12)
- Design a business card and / or stationary for myself.
- Go on at least one movie date with my Hubby.
- Get a Thai massage.
- Spend time with each of my godchildren, and for the ones that live out of state, send them a surprise in the mail.
- Get to my goal weight.
- Plant an herb garden.(4/25)
- Plan an exciting surprise date for my Hubby.
- Reconnect with an old friend. (7/19 Jenny & 7/21 Sonya)
- Plan a cousins’ night out.
- Travel to a new place with my Hubby.
- Buy a King Size bed. (6/19)
Start putting together memory books for our children – don’t have to finish, just start.
- Buy a third vehicle.(8/6)
- Pay off /or pay down our store cards.
- Try escargot or oysters – just once!
- Participate in a charity walk or run (more like jog).
- Find something super-fly at a garage sale or swap meet that I can use or display proudly.
- Try at least 10 new recipes from the many magazines and cookbooks I own. (Chocolate Covered Bacon on 4/23…)
Cook a turkey or whole chicken for the first time.(11/25)
- Watch the sunset with my Hubby.
- Make sure my closet is filled with clothes and shoes that are my current size and I’d actually wear. (6/12)
- Go to a Farmer’s Market and cook a meal with the ingredients I buy.
- Do a one-on-one with each child – and make it as special as I can.
- Plan a family trip. (8/20-8/22 our family vacation in Disneyland/LA)
Have a “me-day” – pampering, shopping, and doing the things I love to do but usually don’t have time to do.
- Find at least 10 of my favorite photos in our digital collection and frame/display them.
- Take a class – cooking, art, sport – anything!
- Plan a night out or in with my best girlfriends. (8/13 at Analaog for GNO/Shell’s birthday)
Treat myself to a really cute accessory – shoes, purse or jewelry.(sometime in November – got some cute earrings)
- Enjoy a live performance by a well-known or local musician. (4/30, EKOLU, Rebel Souljahz, Katchafire)